Africa

While in Africa

consuming all the food and drinks

in one night, at a local restaurant

which really sucked because I had three more days of liberty and didn't have anything to eat or drink those days.


I enjoyed gambling, drinking, eating 

at their three-story hotels.


Drank the best tasting wine

which was semi-sweet and semi-sour, which I absolutely loved and have forgotten what it was unfortunately.


I endured dancing at their finest clubs.


Drank American domestic, local, foreign

beers and wines

of course not liking every one of their tastes.


Went to a club there

had to buy a drink as a cover charge

I was beyond drunk and said that if I drink anymore alcohol that I would vomit

bought a water in a bottle drank from it

I swear it tasted like and was alcohol.


Saw a young malnutritioned young boy

strugging to bathe in a bucket

on the median, which truly pissed me off and made me sad that I couldn't do anything to help him stop suffering.


A young girl and young boy came on our bus

she carried a dead cat wrapped up as a baby

felt sorry, mad, and pissed that I couldn't help her out knowing that she will still be there suffering and begging when our ship left.


begging us for money to help her 'baby' out

he played a violin 

hoping for us to pay for his performance

actually enjoying his music playing but upset and not feeling good about his situation and that I couldn't do anything to help him out.


Had a blast on a beautifully majestic

Botanical Gardens conversation tour

viewing plants and trees from all over the world.


People on the streets

trying to sell me

whatever they had 

which were overpriced

that I found be overzealous and extremely annoying

telling them that I don't want to buy anything and to shut up.


Met a tall man

wearing a red robe

carrying a large walking stick

told me he was part of a local tribe there.


Conversed with me

about his tribe's 

boy's rites to become men.


Drenched in my sweat 

whenever I stood for five to ten minutes

due to the overbearing heat

which enraged me.


As I stood watch on our ship

saw penguins surfing up the waves

shocked and confused at seeing them there

and found out that they're called the jackass penguins because they hehaw like a jackass

even went to their zoo. 


As daybreak began

heaving to the lines 

that bound us to the Earth

we sailed off to a new adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Dig Her?

Helping A Friend Move On By Eric Shelman

Virginia by Eric Shelman