France

France


Learned I did 

that we would be pulling

into France next

I found myself in language trouble once again.


Excited and anxious I was, to finally see what Paris, had to offer me

however, when we sailed and moored there

I found out that it was too far

from our ship and I had to settle for Nice and Monte Carlo instead.


Helped prepare, cater, clean up

buffet styled dinner party on our ship

for the French President, 

French sailors, and other world Dignitaries.


Sauntering streets ran into six

Frenchmen flipping us off

screaming at us in French

convinced my friends not kick their butts.


Saw a man praying on his rug

while I walked by

it puzzled me 

I wondered to who

or what he was praying to?


Panhandlers begging me for money.


Barhopping, clubbing, dancing

hanging out with my friends, because I did not drink alcohol as of yet.


As daybreak began 

heaving to the lines

that bound us to the Earth

we sailed off to a new adventure.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Dig Her?

Helping A Friend Move On By Eric Shelman

Virginia by Eric Shelman