Italy

Italy

While in Italy
my seafood spaghetti
was the size of a great jetty
my first flavor to savor
was a great gourmet treasure.

My pepporini pizza pie
was not of a Silician delight
my expected round slices of delight
were actually a peppery spice
from my American life
I found my crust to be light
therefore it did not fulfill my life.

My eyes feasted upon entrancing religious
historical, mythological art and architecture.

As I walked aimlessly
in a state of confusion
my English language became a barrier
the confusion of my wandering body.

As I walked from the pier to consume a delicious delicacy
upon entering a local restaurant 
a pleasant man showed me a picture
while offering me wine
which I declined as I did not drink at that time
he introduced me to his daughters which were fine.

As we set off in the night
with our friendships standing bright
the flames of alcohol
brought one of us to fight
as we returned through the night
our friendship was ended
due to alcoholic blight.

met two American college women with doubt of my sailing life
with proof I eased their minds 
and yet they left me behind.

In all of my travels around the world
their women are the most beautiful 
having both natural and cosmetic beauty.

As daybreak began
heaving to the lines that bound us to the Earth
we sailed off to a new adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Dig Her?

Helping A Friend Move On By Eric Shelman

Virginia by Eric Shelman