Romania

Romania


As we embarked on the land of 

Vlad Tepes 

I had hoped to go on a tour of his castle's musuem


While in Romania

found out that my tour in Transylvania 

was too far away from our port

to travel there and back

not allowing me to adhere to our shipwide curfew

which enraged me beyond all reason.


Went to a restaurant shaped as a boat

where I asked for fried catfish

and fried calamari 

had to settle with fried halibut

they were a catch of the day

and were out of what I wanted


it tasted just like catfish

however it was bony

which made it hard for me to consume

this upset me for not getting what I wanted due to being a spoiled American brat.


Swam at three crystal clear blue water beaches

walked the boardwalk and the jetty

absorbing in its mesmerizing serenity

I thoroughly enjoyed myself there

as if I were one with it all.


Experimenting with savory and unsavory 

local wines and beers

liking and disliking certain ones.


As daybreak began 

heaving to the lines

that bound us to the Earth

we sailed off to a new adventure.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Dig Her?

Helping A Friend Move On By Eric Shelman

Virginia by Eric Shelman