Spain

 Spain


As we embarked on the land of Columbus' benefactor I found myself lacking communication skills.


While in Spain

my lemon herb baked catfish

was a shipwrecked and marooned sailor lost in sirens majestic voices

tasted more lemony and limely than fishy

neither a Chinese, or Spanish lavish dish

my American glutton appetite hindered me from filling up.


Stumpled upon a HorrorPops, CD

buying it and absolutely falling in love with their mesmerizing mix of Pop Punk and Rockabilly music.


Wandering around the streets

I stopped and observed a great multitude of people gathered around


an enormous beautifully lit up and decorated Christmas tree, staring, talking, and singing carols around it.


Dancing, drinking, partying and watching dancers on stages at a club where I paid twenty euros 

allowing me to eat and drink moderately or excessively all night long.


Ancient castles, cathedrals, art, architecture and villas grabbed and held my eyes hostage as I breathed in their sublimeness.


As daybreak began 

heaving to the lines

that bound us to the Earth

we sailed off to a new adventure.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Dig Her?

Helping A Friend Move On By Eric Shelman

Virginia by Eric Shelman