Helping A Friend Move On By Eric Shelman

 Helping A Friend Move On

By Eric Shelman


First time I ever done this for anyone

Took a massive pay cut in order to help him transit

was paid a short amount of money for doing so


Never about the money

It was about my love for him

wanting to help him cross over 

as peacefully and comfortablely as he could.


I wanted him to know that I took care of him the last 42 days of his life.


I would one day hope that someone

Might do that for me whenever I get in his position

near my departure of this world.


From 4 pm to 10 am I was there

caring for him in between

his Visiting Angels and Hospice visits.


We watched lots of horror movies

All sorts of television shows

Listened to his favorite music.


Crying, screaming and wailing whenever he 

watched the news

he was too much of an empath

wanting to solve all our world problems


I told him if the news effected him

That badly to just turn it off 

he said no because he needed to know

what was happening in the world.


He told me that he was scared to die

didn't want to become lonely in a vast nothingness.


I told him that even if there is an afterlife 

you will be dead and you will probably won't know about or care

that seemed to help tide him over.


I told him that I am here for you

that l love you

you aren't dying alone either

you have your dogs and your family.

he seemed happy about that.


I took him to see two of his fellow musician friends before he died

They enjoyed seeing him and hanging out with him.


Bought his groceries

cooked for him whenever he wanted me to

until he lost his taste and everything tasted like crap to him. 


I was sad, and mad about me taking care of him

knowing that he would eventually die

I couldn't do anything about it.


Once he died

My mind was truly messed up

I wanted to my burn his camper down with me in it and leave this world

he was my best friend

we hung out so many times

had great times together 

had done lots of laboring work for him.


I truly loved him and helped him out whenever I could.


I miss him so much he was a huge part of my life.

It truly sucked watching him suffer through everything as well.


I am thoroughly glad that l got be his helper even whenever he became a real handful even for me to handle.


My memories will forever keep him alive.


Rest In Peace Nathaniel Fred Taylor Junior!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Dig Her?

Virginia by Eric Shelman