Lucky To Be Alive by Eric Shelman

Lucky to Be Alive

By Eric Shelman


On June 30 2020

I was working with my dad

doing landscaping at that time

we had an extremely long day and night of work

having to chop down trees

chipping up the branches

hauling back what we couldn't fit in the chipper.


On our last trip back to his office

we were going seventy-five miles per hour

which was the speed limit

at ten pm .


Out of nowhere this white car shows up to our right side with a stop sign

it went right through the stop sign without even stopping

it hit us going fifty-five miles per hour

knocking me out into a concussion.


My dad was still awake the whole time 

the white car went head on into us

actually burnt up his truck.


We were rolling for quite a while

then I came back to reality and landed on my arm once I finished rolling

my seatbelt broke from spinning so much

my dad's seatbelt stayed intact.


He yelled that his truck was on fire and he was driving it

so I stomped it out with my shoes which took a long while.


Then I had to break the windowshield out on the passengers side where I was I riding

I made a big enough hole for me to get out 

but I didnt go out because it wasn't big enough for me not to get cut up in

I couldn't make the hole any bigger.


Luckily for us some first responders showed up 

They broke the windshield the rest of the way

got me out and open my dad's door and unbuckled him and pulled him out.


As soon I got out I vomited three times and screamed that my arm really hurt

I was taken by two ambulances then airflighted in a helicopter to a hosiptal in Houston.


There they did lots of test and lots of x-rays, ct scans and actually told me that I was fine minus the pain with a few bruises and being extremely banged up quite a bit

I was absolutely luckly to be alive

probably should have died in that accident.


My dad went to local hospital which was different then the one I went to

but he came out with lots more problems than I did and he is already in bad shape

we are both pyschologically scarred from it too

whenever we see a car pulling to our right stop to our right side it freaks us out still.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Dig Her?

Helping A Friend Move On By Eric Shelman

Virginia by Eric Shelman