Once I was a Troll, Now I am a Chimera! By Eric Shelman

Once I was a Troll, Now I am a Chimera!

By Eric Shelman


Once I began writing poetry and prose

I was a poet and writer troll 

always thinking I was on a rhythmic roll

thinking my creations were written on golden scrolls

being in competition with my fellow poets and poetesses goals

wanting to be rich and famous off my writings cajoles

eagerly awaiting for everyone to bow

tip their hats, cups, and bowls

cheering my excellent works in extol

shaking my hand and telling me what a great poet and writer I am

putting me in control of everything whole

desperately trying to always fit in as the good little troll that l once was

bereavingly, striving for everyone to read

hear, listen, and comprehend my droll works

even writing for myself and hoping that someone would grasp something from my sporadic nonsensical knolls

never taking either constructive

or destructive criticism from anyone

because I only knew what was best to write for me and my strolls

taking lots criticism to heart and as personal attacks against my tolls

learned several different poetic forms and styles in hopes of finally finding my soul's poetic voice whatever it may be.


However, I didn't find it until much later on my life when I no longer needed to patrol and parole my works

realizing that l don't need to be a troll poet and writer anymore 

that I simply needed to be myself

in order to see and reach my potential as an enrolled, bolled, and holed mole poet and writer.


My evolution process has been an exciting and super slow but definitely worth my while

I am no longer a troll seeking everything

I mentioned beforehand 

because I realized it was utterly pointless of me to let my ego bind, blind, and destroy my creativity.


I am now just me neither a troll nor a chameleon

more like a chimera be me

my aim now is uniqueness and authenticity

not fame, fortune, nor glory

being true to my readers

fans, friends, fellow poets, poetesses

especially myself

by conveying actual messages not just fabricated formed nonsense that most don't grasp.


Love to thank everyone that helped me reach my potential and not given up on me

I truly appreciate you all. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Dig Her?

Helping A Friend Move On By Eric Shelman

Virginia by Eric Shelman