Dubai by Eric Shelman

 Dubai


While in Dubai


Learned how to haggle after paying way too much for two necklaces with crosses on them.


Haggled for an alabaster stone statue of Ganesh and a stone egg.


Viewed the only seven-star hotel from a far because it was fifty U.S. dollars to go inside and look around and even more to stay the night there, which is in a shape of a sailboat.


Unfortunately I didn't go to their World Famous water parks, even though I wanted too immensely go.


Had duck curry at a Thai restaurant there

however the duck was minced so tiny I couldn't even taste them over the 


overwhelming curry taste, which dissatisfied me, because I thought I was going to have big chunks of ducks, not super small ones.


Saw their fake snow resort area inside one of their malls, where you could, go skiing, sledding, and snowboarding.


Looked and stared puzzledly at a whole lot of unfinished buildings there 

I asked why they were unfinished

my taxi driver said that lots of contractors come here to build and make money but they actually ran out of money before they could finish, which made me mad and sad to hear that.


Had savory pork and beef gyros from street vendors and resturants.


Visited a Virgin Records store looking for any new music to buy

I heard people speaking English and I asked them where they were from and what they were doing here they said they were on vacation and decided to come here

I informed them that was awesome, nice to meet you and I am an American Navy Sailor traveling the world and stopping here for now.


Went to countless skyscraper buildings with a whole lot vendors trying to sell whatever gold and silver jewelry that they said were absolutely real and the finest that you can buy in the world.


Went to their three humongous malls.


They have the most beautiful women with both cosmetic and natural beauty there, compared to all the other countries I had traveled too except for Italy.


Ate local, foregien and American foods

Drank local, foreign, and American drinks

took cabs everywhere.


Walked around whenever I could.


Mesmerized by their man-made islands two were in the shape of palm trees, one was  Earth-shaped and I can't what the other one was.


As daybreak began

heaving to the lines that bound us to the Earth

we sailed off to a new adventure.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Dig Her?

Helping A Friend Move On By Eric Shelman

Virginia by Eric Shelman