Helping Put My Friend To Rest, by Eric Shelman

Helping Put My Friend To Rest

By Eric Shelman


Went to his funeral

where his two aunts and one uncle were there

With my mom and dad

and I was there too of course.


I volunteered to read my poem I wrote for him and a song that he sang for me several times, which was Watch Over You, by Alterbridge, which asks who is going to watch over you when I'm gone?


I volunteered to dig two holes in two different cemeteries per his requests


My grandmother read out of his mother's Bible the verses about from ashes we came and to ashes we go


I helped set up a table with his picture

A picture of Jesus Christ and real flowers as well

His ashes in mason jars. 


The wind kept blowing them over had to hold them during our ceremony


His aunt is my grandmother.


His other remaining  

aunt and uncle are my greats.


His other aunt gave great comments about her memories of him throughout his life from being a chubby toddler to grown adult.


My dad did the opening prayer and conscerating of the graves.


My mom held down the stuff on the table and gave the closing prayer


We will be spreading his ashes on the designated graves another day becuse it was way too windy.


We will be epoxying his placards on his parents graves which are in two different cemeteries.


Long live Nathaniel Fred Taylor JR.

Hopefully he may Rest In Peace now. 


https://youtu.be/dTOE8_l4bhw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Dig Her?

Helping A Friend Move On By Eric Shelman

Virginia by Eric Shelman